Cleaning Safety with CVBS
At Clear View Building Services, we understand the importance of safety during cleaning. From the obvious hazards, such as wet floors, to the not so obvious, such as mixing ammonia and bleach, CVBS adheres to a strict safety regimen during each cleaning service.
Cleaners are exposed to powerful and potentially dangerous chemicals when using cleaning agents.
CVBS Standard Best Practices Include:
- Wear rubber gloves to avoid contact with chemicals.
- Do not mix chemicals for any reason.
- Secure cleaning products away from the reach of others.
- Ventilate rooms before you clean.
- If you have allergies or breathing issues, wear a mask to prevent allergic reactions and irritation.
- Wash your hands after using cleaning chemicals and before eating, drinking or smoking.
OSHA’s What You Need to Know:
- Know the hazards of cleaning chemicals BEFORE using them.
- Know how to use and store cleaning chemicals safely.
- Know how and when to dilute cleaning chemicals you are using.
- Know what to do if there is a spill or other emergency.
- Know how to obtain and use hazard information on labels and safety data sheets (SDS).
- Know how and when to use protective clothing, gloves, and safety goggles.
Whether your needs are large or small, we offer a full range of commercial cleaning services. Click here to learn more!